What’s that old joke? How do you know if someone is a food blogger? Don’t worry they’ll tell you. Oh no, wait. That’s not it, but there are a few telltale signs that you might be a food blogger… Do you always ask for the window-seat at restaurants for the best sun exposure? Do you have curious pre-dinner rituals? Do you regularly tweet to Bluehost to find out why your site is down again? And here are 11 more clues that might let you know…
1. If you’ve ever spent months looking for weathered old boards to use as a table in photographs, you just may be a food blogger.
2. If you would never serve company with the tattered, discolored spoons that look like you dug them out of the ground at the junkyard but are totally happy to display them lovingly on the internet for all to see, you just may be a food blogger.
3. If you’ve ever recognized dinnerware on someone else’s blog because you also bought it at Pier One, Anthropologie, CB2, or Crate and Barrel, you just may be a food blogger.
4. If the Olive Garden itself would envy your sheer volume of cloth napkins, you just may be a food blogger.
5. If spring means asparagus, summer means squash blossoms, and fall means pumpkin, you just may be a food blogger.
6. If you’ve ever convinced your husband to pose for a silly photo for your blog only to later notice that ridiculous picture is all over Pinterest, you just may be a food blogger.
7. If you’ve ever read the comments section like this, you just may be a food blogger.
8. If you have more mason jars than a little old lady in the early 1900’s, you just may be a food blogger.
9. If you’ve ever abandoned a recipe because in pictures the dish looked like it could be called “Rudolph’s Shame,” you just may be a food blogger. (Those were savory cookies. Heaven help them.)
10. If you’ve ever had to re-shoot pictures of rice paper rolls because yours turned out too condom-y, you just may be a food blogger.
11. If you have to take photos fast, like some sort of war journalist waiting for the enemy to pounce, because you know those chips will be too much temptation for a certain cavernous-bellied kitty, you just may be a food blogger.