Air fryer baby potatoes are a simple & delicious side dish. They’re ready in around 15 minutes.
Great for a quick weeknight meal!
Lately I have fallen in love with roasted baby potatoes.
Side dishes don’t get much easier.
And while an air fryer baked potato with a full-sized Russet is fast, baby potatoes are even faster!
Because they’re smaller, they cook in about half the time.
They offer all of the best parts of a potato experience.
You get crispy browned skin and a steamy, fluffy interior.
They’re great all on their own.
Or smash them & load ’em up with your favorite toppings.
Where to find baby potatoes?
You can find baby potatoes next to the other spuds in the produce section of the grocery store.
They’re on my Trader Joe’s grocery list whenever I go.
TJ’s calls them teeny tiny potatoes. They’re also referred to as new potatoes.
Although fingerling potatoes are different, they will also work for this recipe.
Step by step instructions
Here are the ingredients you will need for air fryer baby potatoes.
Put freshly scrubbed baby potatoes into the air fryer basket.
(No need to dry them! The air fryer will do that for you.)
Air fry for 12 to 17 minutes at 400 degrees.
Stop once or twice to shake the air fryer basket, spray the potatoes with oil, and sprinkle on seasoning.
Baby potatoes vary in sizes. Some are as little as a marble while others are as big as a kiwi fruit.
So cooking times vary as well.
You’ll know they are done when you can easily pierce them with a fork.
What kind of seasoning salt should I use?
You can use any seasoning salt that you enjoy.
I usually go with Penzey’s Fox Point seasoning. It includes dried shallots, chives, garlic, and onions.
However, you could also just use salt and/or pepper.
You could add to it with granulated onion, garlic powder, dried parsley, and/or rosemary.
Or you could try your favorite Cajun seasoning.
You can enjoy these air fried potatoes all on their own.
But they’re also fun mashed with a fork and topped with any of the following:
- Non-dairy butter, salt, and pepper
- Vegan sour cream or cream cheese & chives
- Seitan bacon & shredded vegan cheddar
- Chimichurri sauce
What to serve with them
Air fryer roasted potatoes make for a substantive side dish that goes well with all kinds of dishes.
Serve them alongside:
- French lentils with caramelized onions & pistachios
- Roasted asparagus with chickpeas & spinach
- Seitan piccata
- Roasted cauliflower steaks with chimichurri sauce
- Kale salad with roasted chickpeas
- Easy collard greens
- Halve or quarter them for potato salad
- Add them to a breakfast burrito
Air fryer baby potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- Spritz oil spray
- Dash seasoning salt
- Scrub baby potatoes in water. Put them in the air fryer basket. (You don't need to worry about drying them. The hot air in the fryer basket will blow around them & dry them off.)
- Air fry for 12 to 17 minutes at 400 degrees. Stop once or twice to shake the basket, spritz the potatoes with oil, and sprinkle on seasoning salt. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes. You'll know the potatoes are ready when you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the air fryer basket. Serve them as a complete side dish. Or smash them with a little non-dairy butter, salt, and pepper, like you would a baked potato.