Today’s post covers everything you need for a successful grilling season. Just add charcoal! With the Herbivorous Butcher summer grill pack + recipes for barbecue side dishes, cookout season is off to an enticing start.
Thank you to Herbivorous Butcher for sponsoring today’s post! The contents, photos, and opinions expressed are fully my own.
We are sliding into the season of potlucks, picnics, and cookouts. It’s time to make sure everything is working on that barbecue grill, so that nothing stands in the way of three-day weekends with vegan ribs, seitan steaks, and brats…
And of course, some barbecue side dishes to round out the meal.
Remember those sad, gray days when the vegan grill option was a Portobello mushroom cap? Can we all have a moment of silence for that please? Because now, there’s just no reason for an “after-thought” option like that.
Herbivorous Butcher + barbecue side dishes
Now I’m excited to share their grill pack, as well as offer up a list of vegan cookout side dishes to serve alongside them. (Get all of the ordering details at the bottom of this post!)
Whet your appetite with this Herbivorous Butcher grill pack video:
In the video:
- Smoked mango & habanero ribs with potato salad & collard greens
- Ribeye steak with baked potato & red wine mushrooms
- Jalapeño cheddar brats with coleslaw
- Beer brats with sauerkraut & easy spinach salad
Mango & habanero ribs
Nothing says summer grilling season like sticky sweet ribs! These mango and habanero ribs have a balance of sweetness & spice. They get a wonderful crust on the outside, delicious to crack through on the way to the dense interior.
Save the fork for your side dishes, and grab on with both hands.
Serve the mango & habanero ribs with any of these summer side dishes:
- Vegan potato salad dotted with pickles and onions
- Easy collard greens that fall apart in your mouth
- Spinach salad with strawberries and a balsamic vinaigrette
Take your cookout to the next level with ribeye steak.
What I love about Herbivorous Butcher vegan meats in general but especially their steak, is that you don’t have to worry about overcooking. The steak is thickly cut, which means you can put it on a super hot grill and get some char on the outside without worrying the inside will get too dry.
The grill pack comes with one steak, but you can definitely cut it down to feed a group. We get four meals out of one steak.
Serve the ribeye steak with any of these barbecue side dishes:
- Red wine mushrooms sautéed with plenty of garlic
- Air fryer baked potato loaded with your favorite toppings
- Buffalo grilled corn on the cob drizzled with vegan blue cheese
- Avocado caprese salad – because avocado improves any dish
- Or add it your veggie fajitas along with a dollop of guacamole
If you love the hoppy flavor of a cold brew, you are going to adore these beer brats. The boozy flavor can totally stand up to a slathering of stoneground mustard and generous helping of sauerkraut.
Serve the beer brats with any of these veggie side dishes:
- Easy spinach salad and a simple balsamic dressing
- Easy roasted cauliflower cooked in the air fryer or oven
- Crispy cabbage that’s buttery soft on the inside
Jalapeño cheddar brats
The jalapeño cheddar brats have the flavor of jalapeño, but without being overly spicy hot. What really stands out is that buttery cheddar flavor. It gets a bit of creamy gooey-ness around the edges.
Serve the jalapeño cheddar brats with these cookout side dishes:
- Vegan coleslaw that’s ready in minutes
- A slathering of 3 bean chili on top
- Loaded potato slices dotted with cashew cream & seitan bacon
What’s included in the grill pack & how to order
The grill pack includes:
- Beer Brats (13 ounces/4 links)
- Jalapeño Cheddar Brats (13 ounces/4 links)
- Ribeye Steak (14 ounces)
- Smoked Mango & Habanero Ribs (12 ounces)
The Herbivorous Butcher grill pack is $85, and that includes shipping. Herbivorous Butcher ships to all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
Update: The grill pack is no longer on sale. However, you can order a la carte Herbivorous Butcher products on their website – theherbivorousbutcher.com.
This is a sponsored post with a brand that I use in my own home. Posts like these help me keep fresh recipes coming your way!