Guac-Kale-Mole (Kale Guacamole)
If you’re a kale fan like I am, you’re sure to love this twist on guacamole. The kale blends into the flavors beautifully without dominating. It just adds a little somethin’-somethin’ in taste and bite.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 leaf curly kale with rib removed roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon onion roughly chopped
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 5-6 pickled jalapeño slices roughly chopped
- 2 ripe avocados pits removed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Pinch salt
In a food processor, process kale for a few seconds until broken down.
Add onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño. Process for about 20 seconds until combined in small pieces.
Scrape down the sides and add in the flesh of two avocados, one teaspoon of lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Blend until fully combined, stopping to scrape sides if necessary.
Taste and add more lime juice or salt, if desired, and combine. Serve immediately with chips, tacos, burritos, or anywhere guacamole is needed.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1890IU | Vitamin C: 31.3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.2mg