Bowtie pasta salad with roasted chickpeas
This bowtie pasta salad is packed with deliciousness by way of roasted chickpeas, artichoke hearts, and olives. Serve it for a Doctor Who themed gathering or for your regular weekday lunch.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 ounces dry farfalle (a.k.a. bowtie pasta) about 1 1/2 cups, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas in the air fryer or oven*
- 1/4 cup sliced olives I prefer Castelvetrano
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred marinated artichoke hearts Grilled are my favorite.
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small clove garlic zested with Microplane zester
- 1 handful fresh basil roughly chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked farfalle pasta, roasted chickpeas, olives, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, zested garlic, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold. If you're serving the pasta salad cold, remember that the pasta will soak up some of the balsamic vinegar and oil. Taste before serving and refresh with more oil, vinegar, salt, and/or pepper, if needed.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.9mg