Vegan ceviche with hearts of palm
Vegan ceviche is a cool and satisfying appetizer. It is easy to make, and doesn't require turning on the stove. Serve it poolside with your favorite icy cocktail.
Servings: 4 people
- 14 ounces hearts of palm drained from can or jar & sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes sliced into halves or quarters
- 1 avocado cubed
- ¼ cup onion chopped small
- 2 heaping Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped + additional for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Diced fresh or jarred jalapeño peppers to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper optional
In a large bowl, combine hearts of palm, tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Add fresh or jarred diced jalapeño pepper, to taste. Garnish with additional cilantro and a pinch of cayenne pepper, if using.
Serve with tortilla chips or slices of jicama for dipping.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 17.4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.6mg