Peach salsa with black beans
This fruity dip screams summer with its savory/sweet combination. The juicy fruit is sprinkled with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne for a little kick of heat. Serve with tortilla chips.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 heaping cup diced peaches About 2 - 3 ripe peaches, pits removed
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 3/4 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped yellow or green onions
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
This dip is terrific with tortilla chips or slices of jicama. Add a Tablespoon of minced jalapeño peppers if you prefer a spicier appetizer.
It will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for about four days.
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 4.3mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.9mg