This carrot juice recipe is a blend of carrot, apple, celery, romaine, and cucumber. It’s a hydrating and refreshing drink that goes down easily.
The first time I had carrot juice, I was taken by surprise at the flavor.
At first glance, carrots don’t look like an overly juicy vegetable. In comparison to say tomatoes, bell peppers, or cucumbers, they’re a little on the dry side.
So when I had carrot juice, I was pleasantly surprised by the earthy yet sweet flavor. There’s also a vaguely metallic quality to the taste that is pleasant and rich.
Now, obviously no one needs a carrot juice recipe that is 100% carrots. (But hey, if you’re that one person… Put clean carrots in juicer… And done.)
When I’m making carrot juice, I like to add other ingredients as well. That way you can get some of that rich carrot flavor and health benefits, while also balancing it with some milder fruits and vegetables.
It’s like a salad in a glass – minus the chewing.
That’s what I like about juicing. It’s a way to sneak in a lot of produce with just a few gulps. It would take a lot of chewing to eat a carrot, an apple, two stalks of celery, a few leaves of romaine, and a small cucumber. But with juice, it’s not hard to drink it all in just a few minutes’ time.
Carrots and apples have a natural sweetness about them, which makes this very drinkable.
Celery, cucumber, and romaine are juicy and hydrating.
These are also good fruits and vegetables to use if you don’t have a super powerful blender. My juicer doesn’t have to do a whole lot of work to extract the liquid from these fruits and vegetables.
How to make this juice recipe
- Rinse carrot, celery, cucumber, apple, and romaine.
- Core the apple. Discard the core with seeds.
- Depending on the size of your juicer’s chute, you may need to cut the produce to a smaller size. However, my juicer works best if the produce is in large pieces or whole.
- Press the fruits and vegetables through the juicer chute.
- Pour into one or two glasses and serve. It is especially nice on ice.
Carrot juice recipe with apple, cucumber & celery
- 1 carrot large-sized
- 1 apple medium-sized, cored
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 leaves romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 1 cucumber small-sized
- Rinse the carrot, apple, celery, romaine, and cucumber.
- Press all of the fruits and vegetables through the chute of the juicer.
- Serve in two small juice glasses or one regular-sized glass. This juice is especially nice with ice.
Originally posted February 2013. Recipe, content & photographs updated March 2019.