50 vegan Thanksgiving recipes & resources to get you through the holidays. From mouthwatering appetizers through enticing desserts. Plus, tips on how to navigate the social aspects of a vegan holiday!
Like so many of us, I’m plotting and planning this year’s vegan Thanksgiving menu.
Since David and I often go the potluck-route, it’s usually a matter of picking one or two things and going from there. The only problem is paring down what those few items will be.
Luckily, there’s no reason that the classic favorites have to be limited to that one day of the year as tasty vegan Thanksgiving recipes abound.
Here’s a round-up of my personal favorite vegan Thanksgiving recipes, along with dishes from some of my blogging friends.
Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Thanksgiving cocktail & appetizer recipes
As people file in with casseroles to warm and coats to hang, it’s fun to have nibbles for noshing. Bring on the cocktails, dips, finger foods, and cheese balls.
Warmed Castelvetrano olives with lemon & garlic
Artichoke crostini with hummus & marinated cashews
Check out these vegan Thanksgiving appetizer recipes from across the blogosphere:
Thanksgiving salads & side dishes
Thanksgiving foods are often shades of beige. It feels good to balance out the tan with pops of color.
Vegan Thanksgiving salads
Roasted apple salad with candied pecans
Delicata squash salad with persimmons
Kale salad recipe with roasted chickpeas & cashew dressing
Easy spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Israeli couscous salad with artichokes & olives
Vegan Thanksgiving sides
Vegan stuffing with chestnuts
Fresh cranberry salsa with orange zest
Roasted Brussels sprouts with apples & caramelized onions
Easy roasted cauliflower in the air fryer or oven
Here are more vegan Thanksgiving side dishes I think you’ll love:
- Green bean casserole with onion ring style topping – Keepin’ It Kind
- Cornbread stuffing – Vegan Richa
- Vegan green bean casserole – Fatfree Vegan
Vegan Thanksgiving main dishes
Vegan polenta stacks with barbecued squash & cashew cream
Chicken-style vegan pot pie (Made with frozen, store-bought pie crusts!)
Easy baked tofu recipe with lemon & rosemary
Here are some more vegan Thanksgiving main dish ideas:
- Chickpea Cutlets from Veganomicon (The baking directions aren’t included in the link. I always bake them, and I use half the amount of oil listed with no adverse effects. To bake, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly oil each side of the cutlets, and bake at 375 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes, flip the cutlets, and then bake for 8-10 more until golden brown.
- Festive Chickpea Tart from Dreena Burton’s Let Them Eat Vegan. I like to make two tarts and freeze one for the Christmas holidays. The tarts freeze and thaw beautifully.
- Pumpkin-seed crusted tofu with cranberry relish from Vegan with a Vengeance
- Stuffed squash – Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
- Southwest pumpkin risotto – Veggie Inspired
- Loaded holiday panini – Vegan Yack Attack
- Butternut & wild mushroom lasagna – Keepin’ It Kind
Vegan Thanksgiving dessert recipes
Thanksgiving desserts are all about the pies and pumpkins. I think any of these options would go over well with a crowd.
- Maple cream pumpkin pie with buttery gingersnap crust – Spabettie
- No bake pumpkin pie with gluten-free crust – Vegan Richa
- No bake pumpkin swirl cheesecake – Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
- Raw Coconut Banana Cream Pie – My Darling Vegan
- Vegan apple pie – Fried Dandelions
Vegan Thanksgiving resources
Finally, I always say that with veganism, the food is the easy part. It’s navigating social situations that can be tricky. If this will be your first vegan Thanksgiving, here are some helpful resources as we move into the holiday season.
- 12 tips for surviving your first vegan Thanksgiving
- When people won’t eat your food because it’s vegan
- Friendsgiving: Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner
- Going vegan: What to do when the joke’s on you
- Going vegan: Making new food traditions
- My wish for the turkeys